In today’s modern world, many employers and job seekers use the services of recruitment agencies to save time and money. Recruitment agencies help to match employers with job seekers who fit their criteria. Some agencies specialize in particular markets or sectors, such as temping or secretarial services.
Recruitment agencies do not normally charge a fee to the job seeker, they normally make their money from employers who pay them a fee to find suitable applicants for their job vacancy.
The traditional way of finding a recruitment agency was to look on your local high street, but now there are many Internet based recruitment agencies to make life easier.
Employers will use recruitment agencies for many different reasons:-
* They are a small company without a personnel department to organize finding staff.
* They do not want to advertise or go public with their requirements.
* They want to save on advertising costs.
* They are looking for particular skills.
* They have had problems in the past with finding suitable applicants through advertising.
There are many benefits to registering your details and your CV with a recruitment agency or with a few recruitment agencies:-
* You will not need to spend as much time reading through the classified sections
* If you are looking in a particular sector, then you can choose recruitment agencies which specialize in that sector.
* The recruitment agency will do the hard work so you don’t have to . They will have the technology to send your details out to hundred of employers at the touch of a button, saving you time and increasing your exposure.
* Recruitment agencies will be able to find jobs that match your requirements and skills and you won’t waste your time by applying for unsuitable positions.
* You may want to do some temping, before finding a permanent position, and there are recruitment agencies who specialize in finding temporary positions.
* The employers you want to contact may only use recruitment agencies and not accept other applications.
* A recruitment agency will be able to help you prepare your CV and prepare for interviews. They may even offer mock interviews and other helpful services.
* They will be able to give you feedback about your CV and about how you performed in interviews.
* Using a recruitment agency will save you money – you will not have to pay the postage cost involved in sending out CVs and job applications.
Recruitment agencies benefit both the employer and the job seeker, its a win-win-win situation.
Although most recruitment agencies will not charge a job hunter for finding them employment, they may charge for some of the extra services, such as helping with your CV. Always remember to ask for a summary of their charges before using any of their services.
Also remember to keep a record of which recruitment agencies are finding appropriate vacancies for you. If the ones you sign up for do not appear to be performing, go and find a few more to register with – you have nothing to lose.